My Family...My Life

My Family...My Life

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Apple Crumble.....

Today, sharing the apple crumble recipe which i got from one of my best collegue while we were working together in the Courts at Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur....Rashidah Zainal....those were the days when we were young....we were so closed even after both of us got married....both our husbands got entangled too and we just loved cooking and barbequeing together....she, too likes cooking and she is one of the best cook..so was her late mum....She is also a Muarian....She had left her service just after I got my transfer to Kemaman to follow my dearest husband....we had lost contact once, but managed to rekindle our friendship when her husband who is a doctor moved to Besut...where at that time, i met her husband, Jack (Ramli) with her only daughter ,jaja at one of the stalls near the bus station in Kuala Terengganu and I was shocked to hear that Shidah was admitted to the Kuala Terengganu Hospital for the operation of fibroid....I went to see her then and when her husband was transferred elsewhere, she got missing again....

Facebook connected us again......what a blessing!!!!!

So, here is the delicious apple crumble which I got from her...Thanks shidah...this crumble has been our families' favourite.....I hope you don't mind for i think i need to share this with our friends out there.....

Crumble
300 gm plain flour and a pinch of salt,
170 g brown sugar / castor sugar,
200 gm butter - cubed at room temperature,
knob of butter for greasing...

Filling
500 gm USA apples, peeled and cored and cut into 1 cm
50 gm brown sugar/ castor sugar
1tbsp plain flour
a pinch of ground cinnamon

Method:
Preheat the oven at 180degrees C
Place flour and sugar into a bown and mix well
Add few cubes of butter at a time and rub into breadcrumbs.
Meanwhile place the fruits into a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon pwder.
Mix well but carefulanila ic not to break the fruits....

Grease the pie dish and place the fruits in to the pie dish.
Spread crumbles on top of the fruits till cover the fruits.
Bake for 40 - 45 min until the crumble turns brown and the fruit mixture is bubbling.

Serve with  creams or with vanilla ice creams or custard sauce...

It is indeed very YUMMMMMY......





No comments:

Post a Comment